Contact me to get started!
Hi, I’m Matt Drilias. I’m a personal trainer in downtown Milwaukee.
I work with a wide range of clients, in person and online, in Milwaukee and all over the US. I’ve worked with clients of all ages, and with all sorts of objectives.
Everybody is different. We all have unique abilities and challenges, so my training programs are tailored to your needs. But no matter who you are or what you do, I use the same evidence-based principles that apply to everyone.
Online, at the gym, or in your home; 1-on-1 or small group training
Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
Higher quality functional movement is associated with lower incidence of injury. When you move better you can train at a higher level, return to activity faster post-rehab, and enjoy a higher quality of life.
Reflexive Performance Reset (RPR)
Simple changes to inefficiently functioning muscles allow the body to make immediate shifts towards resilience, strength and speed. The body will quickly change from a state of tension and pain, to a strong relaxed state of high performance.
Working with Matt really changed my life. Beyond losing weight, I found myself in much better shape in a very short period of time. Within a few months, my golf game improved (I added about 15 yards to my drive) and I was able to walk 18 holes with clubs, something I hadn’t been able to do in years! I dropped 4 inches off my waistline and, most importantly, I haven’t gained back any weight. Matt has enormous technical knowledge and he basically won’t bore you with it, but if you ask him why he is doing something, you will learn quite a bit about the human body, how it works and how you can make it more efficient. I have had some bad experiences with trainers who were not used to training older people. Matt has experience with all ages and at 62, I was comfortable that he could tailor my workouts appropriately. As an example, Matt saw that I needed more stretching than the average client and he immediately included this in my program and it made a world of difference. Finally, in 2019, I had an accident and severed my quadricep tendon. This was a pretty serious injury. My doctor and physical therapist both were amazed at how fast I recovered. My PT felt it had a lot to do with Matt and by the way, Matt was a big help in making sure I was doing the prescribed PT properly. I wholeheartedly recommend Matt to anyone who is serious about getting or staying in shape!
NEW CLIENT OFFER $150
- Functional Movement Screen and corrective exercise prescription with access to the FMS app
- Consultation. Review health and exercise history and goals
- Fitness Assessment (like the NFL combine, but tailored to your needs)
- 2-60 minute 1-on-1 personal training sessions
- 30-day training program built to your needs
Who has seven physiology textbooks? And 17 books on running? Me, that’s who! I read all these books, so you don’t have to.
Hi, I’m Matt Drilias.
I like to see my clients achieve the results they want, and results require smart consistent effort with appropriate rest and recovery.
These are some of the ways I’ve helped clients:
- Fat loss, weight management, body composition, hypertrophy, gaining muscle
- Improving mobility and functional movement
- Exercise solutions for chronic pain (working with physical therapists and orthopedic docs)
- Working in tandem with physical therapy team after knee, hip, and shoulder replacements
- Improving performance with age group runners, cyclists, and triathletes
- Sport performance for high school athletes